On Tuesday March 30th from 7-8.30pm, stakeholders and members of the public across Devon are invited to a panel discussion on Devon’s Climate Emergency with guest speaker Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Luke Pollard MP.
In particular, the panel will be discussing the recent national budget as well as Devon’s Carbon Plan. They will be focusing on the question: Is the government’s strategy compatible with Devon’s net zero commitments?
This is a great opportunity to engage in a discussion about the Devon Carbon Plan with the Shadow Environment Secretary, to make sure the Opposition is in tune with the steps Devon needs to make to reach net zero, and to make sure Luke is able to use our local Devon knowledge to hold the Government to account.
The Devon Carbon Plan aims to address how we can reset the whole local economy towards more eco friendly solutions: Housing, Transport, Production, Jobs. Is any of this properly addressed by the current Tory Budget?
- Luke Pollard MP, Sutton and Devonport – Shadow Environment Secretary
- Zion Lights, Environmental Journalist
- Rachel Sutton, Portfolio-holder for Climate Emergency, Exeter City Council
- Mathieu Holladay, Broadclyst Environmental Group and Devon SERA
- Yvonne Atkinson, Devon County Councillor for Alphington and Cowick